Monday, December 22, 2008

You have to take a bath eventually

Scout is sitting under my desk, and he stinks. Seriously. I'm not sure why he smells so bad. He's been outside for hours playing in the snow. I didn't know snow smelled this bad.

I should probably give him a bath, although I've been saying that for a week now. It's just that it's such a big pain in the behind. I could take him to Bandit's Bathhouse, but Scout is afraid of the dryers, so he has to leave wet. And it's subzero windchill so I'd have a pupsicle by the time I got home. And I just don't have the energy to deal with a bath in the tub.

But the longer I wait, the stinkier he gets.

Isn't that the way it always is with dirt? The longer you let it alone more it builds up, and eventually when you try to clean it you can make a bigger mess.

I'm in an argument with someone I love today. I don't really know what we're arguing about. We just had some words (I might have started it), which escalated a bit, and now we're kind of walking on eggshells around each other. The longer we go not talking, the harder it gets to clean up the mess. Kind of like Scout.

So maybe I have two messes I should clean up today.

No comments: