Sunday, November 1, 2009

Bandit tussles with a stray cat and to the vet we go!

I took the dogs for a walk today, and as we rounded a corner I saw a cat curled up under a shrub, right at the edge of the sidewalk. As we walked by, the cat didn't even flinch, which made me wonder if there was something wrong with it.

I stopped, the dogs ahead of me, leashes taut, and said, "Hi, kitty, are you OK?" Just as the words left my mouth, Bandit came over to sniff the cat, who leapt from under the shrub with claws bared and scratched Bandit right in the face. Then the cat went right back to where it was curled up.

We got the heck out of there. But back at home, I realized that Bandit's eye was all red, and there was some blood on his nose. I could see actual bloody scratches on the white part of his eye.

Off the vet we went.

After a good look, Dr. B said that Bandit didn't seem to have any scratches on his cornea but he did have scratches on the rest of his eye. He gave Bandit some antibiotic eye ointment to help ward off infection.

I asked if I could come and sweep floors in exchange for vet services.

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter!

No comments: