Thursday, November 26, 2009

Scout and Bandit's Guide to Life: Be thankful


Scout here - and Bandit, too!!

Scout: Mommy says that today is the day set aside for us to give thanks to God for the blessings we have.

Bandit: She says we're supposed to be thankful every day because God is so good to us. But on this day we are supposed be extra thankful, in case we have forgotten the rest of the time.

Scout: Right! So me and Bandit decided we would tell you what we're thankful for!

Bandit: You go first.

Scout: OK. Well, I'm thankful for Mommy and Daddy, because they love us and take good care of us. I'm thankful that we have a warm house and good food. I'm thankful for all of my family, including Cassie, my cousin Dali, and Grandma. And our friends. We have a lot of friends, like Kona, Killian, Hera, and Bandit's girlfriend, Abby.

Bandit: Oh, me too! Me too! I'm thankful for all of that, too!

Scout: I'm thankful that we got to go to school this year, and that I passed my therapy dog test!

Bandit: Me too. You worked really hard to pass that test.

Scout: I know. And you worked hard in school, too!

Bandit: Thanks! I'm thankful for Mommy and Daddy, too. And for our house and our food and my toys and that Mommy and Daddy let me stay, even though I'm such a bad dog sometimes.

Scout: I'm thankful for you and Murphy, too.

Bandit: Really? You're thankful for me? Even though I'm a pest?

Scout: Actually, yup. You are a pest, but it's also a lot more fun to have a brother than I thought it would be. And we both know that God wanted you here, so I'm thankful Mommy and Daddy obeyed.

Bandit: Isn't that great? We have a such a great family. I wonder what the chickens are thankful for? I'll go ask!

Scout: While you do that, Murphy wants to tell what he's thankful for. If you readers have never met him, Murphy is our cat brother.

Murphy: I used to live on the streets and Mommy came and got me at the shelter. So I'm thankful for a warm bed and food and a family.

Scout: That's so awesome. And you're such a great cat. You're almost like a dog!

Murphy: Err ... thanks?

Bandit: I'm back! The girls said they are thankful they're not Thanksgiving dinner! Hahahaha! Isn't that funny?

Scout: That's hilarious! Anyway, we just wanted to say that we have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. And we're also thankful for you! Thanks for reading about our adventures, and for supporting Mommy!

Bandit: Our Mommy is so grateful for you. And when you write to her, she gets really happy. So leave comments!

Scout: Have a great thanksgiving! And on Friday, it'll be time to start getting ready for Santa to come! Make sure you're not on his naughty list!

Bandit: What's a Santa? Why does he have a naughty list??

Scout: I'll tell you all about it later. After we have Thanksgiving dinner.

Love, Scout and Bandit (& Mommy & Murphy & the chickens)

Follow us on Twitter!

No comments: