Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Today was Everybody Get Your Checkup Day!

"Don't worry, Murphy! Dr. Hawkins is not scary!"

Today was Everybody Get Your Checkup Day, which meant that Murphy got stuffed into his carrier and me and him went to see Dr Hawkins to get our bellies squeezed and our teeth inspected and get shots shot into our butts. And then when we were done, Mommy took us home and then Bailey had to go and get herself checked up, too.


Murphy got scared when they took me away to suck out some blood.

Murphy is scared of going to the vet but he said he wasn't as scared since I was there with him. I'm a good boy at the vet, even though they sucked out some of my blood to do experiments on to see if I have a wormy heart.

Murphy has an ouchy tooth that has to get yanked out when Mommy has about fortyleventy dollars.  And I got weighed and Dr Hawkins said I gained seven pounds since October.


This is how Dr. Hawkins looks inside of your ears.
I think she can see all the way to my brain but I am not sure.

I think that means I am fat. So now I have to have not as many treats and less food and more walks.

Mommy said Bailey was a super duper good girl, which I don't believe because she is usually a bad, barking girl. But Mommy said Bailey didn't bark and she did tricks for everyone and the girls kept saying, "Bailey is being a very good girl!" And when some people came in with a cat, she only barked a little.


Bailey did not stink up the big waiting room. She waited until
she got into the little checkup room! Peee-eew!

But hahaha, Bailey had a lot of gas!! She farted a bunch of times and stunk up the whole room! I wish I was there because that would have made me and Murphy laugh a lot. Scout would have liked it, too.

Anyway, Bailey had to get some blood sucked out for a wormy heart test, and Dr. Hawkins checked Bailey's ouchy hips. She does not need to have a diet.

Just in case you didn't know, Everybody Get Your Checkup Day costs about eleventy million dollars but it is imporant to make sure that us animals are healthy. Mommy would not have known Murphy had a ouchy tooth or that I wasn't fluffier because my fur was more squisher but because I was fluffier in my belly.

I think if I have to lose pounds Mommy needs to lose pounds, too. What do you think about that?

Love BANDIT!!!

Visit Mommy's new Heavenly Creatures blog about animals and faith at Patheos.com. And don't forget to follow me on Twitter!

2 comments:

Mister said...

My mommy is the opposite-she wants to lose weight and thinks I should, too. Sorry you have to get fewer treats.
-Mister

Bandit!!! said...

So far I get the same amount of treats (they are just half of a biscuit instead of a whole one, which stinks because they were little to begin with) and I get a little less food. Boo. But I get to play and walk more, so that's good!

Tell your Mommy that you think is beautiful just the way she is and maybe she'll change her mind!!

your pal BANDIT!!!